Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Post-Lent Chocolate Biscotti

A couple of The Kid's teachers at school had given up chocolate for Lent, unbeknownst to me. And being the ever non-Christian parent sending a child to a Christian school, I had taken in baked goods (twice!) both times with chocolate.

Talk about temptation and hardship they endured (inflicted upon them by EVIL me.)

But I promised to make it up to them, that I would make them something super chocolaty as soon as Lent was over.

And TADA! a flurry of baking chocolate-almond biscotti.

There's nothing better than home-made biscotti covered with amazingly luscious, good quality chocolate.... Okay, well, there are other things, but still, this is pretty high up on my list.

Recipe here.
I like to modify the recipe slightly -- especially, replacing the hazelnuts with almonds.


No comments: